While many area eateries will be closed on Christmas Day, a few will be open. But if you’re looking to dine out, you’d better act fact — reservations are filling up fast. Patch consulted OpenTable.com to find which restaurants will be open on the holiday. We also added fast-food spots, which are more likely to be open than fine dining. The list was pulled from OpenTable.com and restaurant websites.
Maybe you’ll be traveling and just need a fast food place to stop in for a quick bite on your way. These chain restaurants vary from fine dining to buffet to fast food, and many locations are open on Christmas Day, says Offers.com, although that can vary by location. Please note you are encouraged to call ahead and confirm the hours with specific locations.
Have a recommendation on where to eat out on Christmas? Add it in the comments.
- Bakers Square – Most locations are open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Benihana – Restaurants will be open on the 25th. Reservations strongly encouraged.
- Bob Evans – Open for Christmas Eve dining, but most locations are closed on Christmas Day. Check your local restaurant to confirm hours of operation on Christmas Eve.
- Boston Market – Select locations will be open and serving a traditional plated meal on Christmas. The Christmas Menu includes hand-carved ham with two sides, a dinner roll and a slice of Apple Pie for $12.99, in addition to other meal options (see full Christmas Day menu).
- Buca di Beppo – Open for lunch and dinner on Christmas Day, starting at 11 a.m. Regular menu will be served. Reservations strongly recommended.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Most locations will be open on Christmas. Check with your local location for hours.
- Chuck E Cheese – Some locations will be open on Christmas day from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Check your local franchise for its hours. Not all will be open.
- Country Buffet – Locations will be open from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm on Christmas Day, and they close at 3 PM on Christmas Eve.
- Denny’s – Denny’s promise to be open 24 hours, 365 days a year extends to Christmas. It will be serving up its regular menu on Christmas Day.
- IHOP – Most locations will be open on Christmas. Try one of IHOP’s seasonal specials, like its snowman pancakes.
- McDonald’s – Some locations will be open, but expect hours (and whether it’s open at all) to vary by franchise.
- Macaroni Grill – Enjoy an Italian feast on Christmas. Reservations strongly encouraged.
- McCormick & Schmick’s – Open Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Make reservations here.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – Open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Morton’s will be serving its standard menu. Reservations strongly encouraged.
- Old Country Buffet – Old Country Buffet will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It will Close on 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and be open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Panda Express – Some — but not all — Panda Express locations will be open on Christmas Day. This varies by restaurant, as many are independently owned. So call ahead.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery – Many Perkins will be open on Christmas Day but some franchise owners may choose not to open. Contact your local Perkins before you head out.
- Ryan’s – Ryan’s will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It will Close on 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and be open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Shoney’s – Shoney’s has a tradition of being open on Christmas and will be open this year. Enjoy traditional holiday food, including roasted turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole and more at its Christmas Day food bar.
- Starbucks – For those who need a caffeine fix on Christmas Day, Starbucks will be open. Check your location’s hours.
- Village Inn – Some locations will be open on Christmas, but hours will vary by location, and many will close early. For example, some locations will close at 4 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Waffle House – Waffle House is open 24 hours 365 a year, and that includes Christmas.